By submitting your film to the HUMMINGBIRD INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2023 (HIFF-2023), you expressly acknowledge that you are the rightful authorized person to submit the films and agree that you shall be bound by the following Terms & Conditions:
1. Submission of a film to the HIFF-2023 does not guarantee its selection as nomination/ official selection/ award. All the films submitted to HIFF-2023 will be reviewed by our panel of jury and the announcement of the nominees/ official selections/ winners will be intimated to the individual filmmakers by email as well listed on our website/ social media profiles. Any form of canvassing will lead to the disqualification of the submission at HIFF-2023.
2. The Experimental section encourages the works of video artists and experimentation of audiovisual forms. Any experimentation in Fiction doesn’t qualify in the experimental category.
3. As like before, in this edition also the winner will get the “Official laurel”, “Certificate” &“ Trophy”. The digital copy of the certificate and laurels will be emailed to the winners. The trophy & Certificate (Hard Copy) for the winners will be sent by courier. The postage charges will be covered by the recipient. The festival organizers will not be liable for such expenses. We will always welcome the representative of the winner who will accept the Trophy and hardcopy of the certificate in person.
4. All the submissions must not be longer than 30 min (including credits).
5. All submissions must have English subtitles. Any submission received without English subtitles will be summarily rejected.
6. A filmmaker may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. The HIFF-2023 reserves the right to refuse entries.
8. The HIFF-2023 is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules, and regulations.
9. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the HIFF-2023, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred because of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
10. The HIFF-2023 will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the HIFF-2023 festival director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
11. The Festival does not offer screening fees for its films. By submitting you are agreeing to NOT request a screening fee as a requirement for your film’s participation in the Festival.
12. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
13. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis, and a screener link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
14. Festival organizer may conduct the festival online & offline both. Its a short of a hybrid model. After covid there has so many turmoil is happening in the world. In case any situation will come to the organizer, then we will conduct online and offline screening along with the award winning ceremony. Although we don’t have plan for online screening, but still Filmmakers should prepare for the online screening.
15. HIFF-2023 may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is the filmmakers’ responsibility to periodically check for updates on these Rules & Terms.