By submitting your film into the HUMMINGBIRD INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2021 (HIFF-2022), you expressly acknowledge that you are the rightful authorized person to submit the films and agree that you shall be bound by the following Terms & Conditions:
1. Submission of a film to the HIFF-2022 does not guarantee its selection as nomination/ official selection/ award. All the films submitted to HIFF-2022 will be reviewed by our panel of jury and the announcement of the nominees/ official selections/ winners will be intimated to the individual filmmakers by email as well listed on our website/ social media profiles. Any form of canvassing will lead to the disqualification of the submission at HIFF-2022.
2. The Experimental section encourages the works of video artists and experimentation of audiovisual forms. Any experimentation in Fiction doesn’t qualify the experimental category.
3. All the official selections/ nominees will receive a certificate and laurels. Only the winners chosen by the judges will receive the awards.
4. All the selected nominees/ winners who would be unable the awards ceremony of HIFF-2022 will be contacted by our organizer team to have their certificates/ awards delivered to them.
5. All the submissions must not be longer than 30 min (including credits).
6. All submissions must have English subtitles. Any submission received without English subtitles will be summarily rejected.
7. A filmmaker may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
8. The HIFF-2022 reserves the right to refuse entries.
9. The HIFF-2022 is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules, and regulations.
10. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the HIFF-2022, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred because of any claim involving copyright, trademark,
credits, and publicity.
11. The HIFF-2022 will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the HIFF-2022 festival director or programming director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
12. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
13. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis, and a screener link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
14. HIFF-2022 may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is the filmmakers’ responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.