Who We Are
The tiniest bee hummingbird flits up to five hundred miles in its one continuous flight. Our festival, Hummingbird International Short Film Festival, represents this small bird’s ardent determination of transcending boundaries, cooing over the confluences of divergent cultures. Our predominant motto is to seek out vehement, vogue, pertinent short films from across the globe and to showcase the narratives that resonate surpassing geographical lines.
Last year, we have had an incredible line up comprising films such as Censor of Dreams, Tala’vision, which have been shortlisted at Academy awards as Live Action Shorts this year, beside Palme d’Or winning film I’m afraid to forget your face (has won the best fiction film in our festival), Swingin (best lgbtq film), Transit (best cinematography), In the Shadow of the Pines (best animation film), Kalsubai (best documentary film), Master of the Land (best video art).
At our debutant year, we were extremely proud to be partnerned with British Council and Kuchina Foundation. This year, at our second edition we’re all set to welcome shorts from all over the world. Bring in your beautiful little wonders.
Dates & Deadlines
Pease follow the rules and regulations before you submit your project.
- 1st Deadline – January 31st
- 2nd Deadline – February 28th
- 3rd Deadline – March 31st
- 4th Deadline – April 30th
- 5th Deadline – May 31st
- 6th Deadline – June 30th
- 7th Deadline – July 31st
- 8th Deadline – August 31st
- 9th Deadline – September 25th
- Final Deadline – October 18th
Wonderful festival with good organization and outreach. Hummingbird organizers did a great job of promoting this on social media. Was very happy to have my work selected. Best wishes to the Hummingbird team, and congratulations to all the participants. Stay safe, everyone!
Great organization and top-notch communication. It was an honor to be selected in this festival, thank you!
It was a pleasure and honor to participate in the festival. The festival was extremely well organized and managed with care and love for cinema. Loved it!
Very glad and Honoured that my latest film ‘Masters of the Land’ received the Best Video Art award. Thanks to the team for organizing this wonderful festival!
The organizers did a great job for the inaugural edition of the festival, so firstly, I would like to wish them the best of luck in future endeavors. Sending sincere gratitude for selecting my film, and additional thanks for the kind words I received after the festival ended.
What an amazing event put together by the team at HIFF 2021.. winning the Best Director award was simply a charm.. really very well managed, courteous and the organizers were extremely well receptive to the participant's queries.
Thank you for selecting the 3D animated film "ATLANTIS1". I am grateful for the hospitality of Hummingbird International Film Festival. I wish Hummingbird International Film Festival every success in the future!
Congratulations to the Hummingbird International Film Festival for a successful first year! The organizers are great people who are knowledgeable and passionate about film. Thank you for including our short film 95 Days!
Wonder festival with a great group of people behind the scenes! Filmmakers were kept informed along the way. Bravo!
Despite being the first edition, the team put up such a phenomenal show with some real quality films being showcased. Elated to have our film as a part of this festival. Hopeful for future selections too.
I am glad that my film On Floating Bodies was a part of this wonderful festival. The communication from the festival team was on point and I look forward to their future programs.
Get upcoming event venue details
1. Participation in the HUMMINGBIRD International Film Festival automatically entails observance of the present laws and regulations of India. Producers, distributors, or other parties who submit films to the Festival must guarantee they are legally authorized to do so.
2. All filmmakers understand and accept that if their film is nominated/ accepted for screening at the film festival, they grant full and unrestricted permission for HIFF-2022 to screen the film at times of the festival’s choice and to charge an admission fee for the screening of the film.
3. The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival to help cover the overall cost of the festival presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the short film programs.
4. The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival will do everything possible to present the films in the best possible manner but the festival (HIFF-2022) is not responsible for any malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its festival screening. All entries are carefully pre-screened before the public showing to assure that the screenings do perform to the industry standards. The Festival (HIFF-2022) assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this video at the actual event.
5. The Festival reserves the right to adjudicate any cases not covered by the Regulations herein and can make exceptions to the Regulations in justified, well-motivated cases. Should any dispute arise regarding the interpretation of any article contained in these regulations, the original Indian laws are to be considered binding.
6. The Filmmaker understands that the festival will take every possible measure to protect and control the viewing of their entry/ screener link. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations, or piracy of the entry.