HIFF Official PARTNERS
Screening schedule 2022
Terms and condition
All we have to maintain our rules and regulations of this film festival.Read More
Work with Us
We rely on dedicated volunteers from around the world to generously devote their time.Read More
We are welcoming all of national and international partners, funds and private donors.Read More
SUBMIT YOUR FILM
Dates & Deadlines
Please follow the rules and regulations before you submit your project.
- 1st Deadline – January 31st
- 2nd Deadline – MARCH 31ST
- 3rd Deadline – MAY 31ST
- 4th Deadline – JULY 31ST
- 5th Deadline – AUGUST 31ST
- 6th Deadline – SEPTEMBER 30TH
- FINAL Deadline – OCTOBER 25TH
- Extended Final Deadline – November 15th
- Notification date – NOVEMBER 18TH
- Event date – December 7th – 9th
Wonderful festival with good organization and outreach. Hummingbird organizers did a great job of promoting this on social media. Was very happy to have my work selected. Best wishes to the Hummingbird team, and congratulations to all the participants. Stay safe, everyone!
Great organization and top-notch communication. It was an honor to be selected in this festival, thank you!
It was a pleasure and honor to participate in the festival. The festival was extremely well organized and managed with care and love for cinema. Loved it!
Very glad and Honoured that my latest film ‘Masters of the Land’ received the Best Video Art award. Thanks to the team for organizing this wonderful festival!
The organizers did a great job for the inaugural edition of the festival, so firstly, I would like to wish them the best of luck in future endeavors. Sending sincere gratitude for selecting my film, and additional thanks for the kind words I received after the festival ended.
What an amazing event put together by the team at HIFF 2021.. winning the Best Director award was simply a charm.. really very well managed, courteous and the organizers were extremely well receptive to the participant's queries.
Thank you for selecting the 3D animated film "ATLANTIS1". I am grateful for the hospitality of Hummingbird International Film Festival. I wish Hummingbird International Film Festival every success in the future!
Congratulations to the Hummingbird International Film Festival for a successful first year! The organizers are great people who are knowledgeable and passionate about film. Thank you for including our short film 95 Days!
Wonder festival with a great group of people behind the scenes! Filmmakers were kept informed along the way. Bravo!
Despite being the first edition, the team put up such a phenomenal show with some real quality films being showcased. Elated to have our film as a part of this festival. Hopeful for future selections too.
I am glad that my film On Floating Bodies was a part of this wonderful festival. The communication from the festival team was on point and I look forward to their future programs.
HIFF 2023 Venue Details
News & blogs
HUMMINGbIRD FILM FESTIVAL The Hummingbird Film Festival is dedicated to the discovery and advancement of the very best independent...
By submitting your film to the HUMMINGBIRD INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2023 (HIFF-2023), you expressly acknowledge that you are the rightful authorized person to submit the films and agree that you shall be bound by the following Terms & Conditions:
1. Submission of a film to the HIFF-2023 does not guarantee its selection as nomination/ official selection/ award. All the films submitted to HIFF-2023 will be reviewed by our panel of jury and the announcement of the nominees/ official selections/ winners will be intimated to the individual filmmakers by email as well listed on our website/ social media profiles. Any form of canvassing will lead to the disqualification of the submission at HIFF-2023.
2. The Experimental section encourages the works of video artists and experimentation of audiovisual forms. Any experimentation in Fiction doesn’t qualify in the experimental category.
3. As like before, in this edition also the winner will get the “Official laurel”, “Certificate” &“ Trophy”. The digital copy of the certificate and laurels will be emailed to the winners. The trophy & Certificate (Hard Copy) for the winners will be sent by courier. The postage charges will be covered by the recipient. The festival organizers will not be liable for such expenses. We will always welcome the representative of the winner who will accept the Trophy and hardcopy of the certificate in person.
4. All the submissions must not be longer than 30 min (including credits).
5. All submissions must have English subtitles. Any submission received without English subtitles will be summarily rejected.
6. A filmmaker may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. The HIFF-2023 reserves the right to refuse entries.
8. The HIFF-2023 is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules, and regulations.
9. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the HIFF-2023, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred because of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
10. The HIFF-2023 will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the HIFF-2023 festival director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
11. The Festival does not offer screening fees for its films. By submitting you are agreeing to NOT request a screening fee as a requirement for your film’s participation in the Festival.
12. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
13. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis, and a screener link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
14. Festival organizer may conduct the festival online & offline both. Its a short of a hybrid model. After covid there has so many turmoil is happening in the world. In case any situation will come to the organizer, then we will conduct online and offline screening along with the award winning ceremony. Although we don’t have plan for online screening, but still Filmmakers should prepare for the online screening.
15. HIFF-2023 may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is the filmmakers’ responsibility to periodically check for updates on these Rules & Terms.