Who We Are
We are a not-to-profit organization dedicated to showcasing and providing a platform to independent filmmakers. It relies on the support of its members and collaborative partners to continue providing a platform for independent films that deserve a screen.
The smallest migratory bird in the world can travel up to 500 miles at a time.The energy of a bird inspires us to fly long through the whole world sharing different culture with each other.Recognizing that short film is a unique and valuable art form, the Hummingbird International Film Festival aims to seek out original, unusual, and entertaining short films from around the world and make them available to the general public.We are planning to build the festival program with a wide variety of short films, and explore the wonderful world of short films as their own art form.we plan talks, masterclasses to encourage young filmmakers to develop their skills and art and work with different partners who help us create and curate great programs.
Dates & Deadlines
Pease follow the rules and regulations before you submit your project.
The legend's word
“EVERY TIME I GO TO A MOVIE, IT’S MAGIC, NO MATTER WHAT THE MOVIE’S ABOUT.”
“CINEMA IS A MATTER OF WHAT’S IN THE FRAME AND WHAT’S OUT.”
"For me, filmmaking combines everything. That’s the reason I’ve made cinema my life’s work. In films, painting and literature, theatre and music come together. But a film is still a film."
Get upcoming event venue details
1. Participation in the HUMMINGBIRD International Film Festival automatically entails observance of the present laws and regulations of India. Producers, distributors, or other parties who submit films to the Festival must guarantee they are legally authorized to do so.
2. All filmmakers understand and accept that if their film is nominated/ accepted for screening at the film festival, they grant full and unrestricted permission for HIFF-2021 to screen the film at times of the festival’s choice and to charge an admission fee for the screening of the film.
3. The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival to help cover the overall cost of the festival presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the short film programs.
4. The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival will do everything possible to present the films in the best possible manner but the festival (HIFF-2021) is not responsible for any malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its festival screening. All entries are carefully pre-screened before the public showing to assure that the screenings do perform to the industry standards. The Festival (HIFF-2021) assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this video at the actual event.
5. The Festival reserves the right to adjudicate any cases not covered by the Regulations herein and can make exceptions to the Regulations in justified, well-motivated cases. Should any dispute arise regarding the interpretation of any article contained in these regulations, the original Indian laws are to be considered binding.
6. The Filmmaker understands that the festival will take every possible measure to protect and control the viewing of their entry/ screener link. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations, or piracy of the entry.